Saturday, October 24, 2009

Estas muy caliente...

It would probably be more interesting if I posted after my night out tonight in Cusco, but I have nothing to do at the moment so might as well blog... Left Urubamba in a ¨combi¨ at 11 am this morning and checked into a hotel with HOT WATER! yes. Anyway, showered immediately for like 20+ minutes and then headed out for lunch at the renowned tourist attraction-Jack´s cafe for some absolutely spectacular non peruvian food (It strikes me as odd that people who are only here for a week or so, don´t eat solely peruvian meals. I, on the other hand, am allowed to splurge on a salad since every single meal I am served here consists of rice, potatoes, fried egg, potatoes, rice, rice, potatoes, etc. Even for breakfast and dinner...). The waiter quickly became Elena and my FIRST Peruvian friend! (don´t tell me he´s a brichero...it´ll ruin all the fun. by the way, bricheros are latin men that feed on tourist women. Talk to my ¨amigo¨ Salvatore and he´ll tell you all about it.)

Went to El Molino which is really a Peruvian market (not completely swamped with tourists) to try and find some rainboots. Apparently, Peruvians don´t believe in rainboots despite the fact that their rainy season-and I mean RAINY SEASON as in rains every single day-goes on for 5 MONTHS. so, my flip flops will have to do. for now. before I get my feet cut off due to frostbite.

I promise to upload some pictures eventually. Hopefully in the next week or so!

Ciao y besos

No comments:

Post a Comment